Wednesday, August 28, 2013

All-Purpose Pancakes

I had a pancake recipe that looked but I made revisions to it to use what ingredients I had. They were delicious Isabella ate 2 of them! Baking and cooking have reminded me a lot of making music these. When you know the rules, there are a lot of variations and ways to "brake" them that improve on the original!

1 cup flour (whatever kind you have on hand, I used 3/4 ww pastry & 1/4 all-purpose white)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 milk or water (I used almond milk)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup blueberries

In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add the liquid to the flour mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not over mix; the batter should have some lumps. Gently fold in blueberries.

Heat a lightly grease a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour desired amount of batter into skillet and flip when bubbles begin to appear in the center of the pancake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment